The 2017 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon is Sunday, October 15.
The race begins at 7:30 a.m. at North Bank Park in downtown Columbus with an estimated 19,500 participants. Similar to the 2016 race, this year’s course will take runners through Upper Arlington and Grandview Heights, including Grandview Yard at Mile 22. Expect most participants to come through Grandview Yard between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
To accommodate race participants, there will be rolling road closures in and around Grandview Yard:
- First Ave. from Grandview Ave. to Yard St.
- Yard St. from Williams Ave. to Third Ave.
- Junction Way from Rail St. to Bobcat Ave.
- Bobcat Ave. from Williams Ave. to Third Ave.
- Edgehill Rd. from Third Ave. to Fifth Ave.
All parking garages will remain open and accessible. For access in and out of Grandview Yard we recommend using Goodale Blvd. to Yard St. or Rail St.
Live music will be playing from 9:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to pump up the runners! Below is the list of local acts and where they will be stationed in and around Grandview Yard on race day:
- Mile 22.3 – DJ Woody – Grandview [1st ave @ Northwest] (9:45am to 1:00pm)
- Mile 22.4 – DJ Reese2oh – Grandview [1st Ave @ Bobcat] (9:45am to 1:00pm)
- Mile 22.5 – The TBDs – Grandview Yard [Yard St @ 1st Ave] (9:45am to 1:00pm)
- Mile 22.7 – DJ Fish – Grandview [Edgehill Rd near 3rd Ave] (9:45am to 1:00pm)