At Home Warriors 6.19 – 6.25
Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for 6.19 – 6.25. Get in on the action or take action in and around Columbus through digital events and activities, open dining options, community support initiatives and more.
Community Days at Franklin Park Conservatory: Community Days are a chance for Franklin County and City of Columbus residents to enjoy free admissions to experience art, culture and nature on the first Sunday of the month in July and August. Reservations are available for Sunday, July 5 and August 2. Spots are filling up, claim your spot HERE.
COSI Connects: The Franklin County Commissioners and COSI have formed a partnership in an attempt to strengthen child learning while camps and summer programming have been affected by the pandemic. COSI Connects is COSI’s digital doorway for at-home science discovery and learning. They provide exciting and engaging science through COSI videos and hands-on learning you can experience at home. Learn more HERE.
Mid-Ohio Foodbank – volunteer opportunities: Sorting and packaging, shopping for groceries and community gardening are just a few ways you can get involved in volunteering your time at the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. During times of hardship, especially, your time and dedication are so important in serving Ohio families that need nourishment. Feel good and give back. Learn more about volunteer opportunities HERE.
Celebrate Juneteenth in Columbus: Juneteenth is an annual celebration to commemorate the official end of slavery in the United States. From free festivals to park barbeque, marches and pop-up markets, Experience Columbus has put a great list together of ways to show support and get involved this weekend HERE.
Carry-out, patio, dine-in
Father’s Day is this Sunday – treat the dad in your life to a special meal this weekend in downtown Columbus!
- Grandview Yard Dine-In updates: Hofbrauhaus,Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread and Winans are NOW OPEN for dine-in!
- Now open for dine-in in the Arena District: Boston’s, Buca Di Beppo, Jimmy Johns, R Bar, Rodizio Grill, Sunny Street Café, Ted’s Montana Grilland Zoup.
We also found some unique gift ideas from Grandview Yard businesses:
- Winans Grandview Yard: Treat dad to a Winans chocolate-dipped Bourbon or Old-Fashioned bottle and a classic Bourbon Cherry, in partnership with Watershed Distillery. Order HERE.
- Hofbräuhaus Columbus: Give dad a membership in the 1589 Growler Club for something unique! Includes a 64 oz. ‘drink tank’ growler with lifetime warranty, monthly growler fills and additional discounted fills. Get More Information
More food news:
- Boston’s Pizza is now offering resident nights to Grandview Yard residents when you show your VIP card! Enjoy 25% Monday – Thursday. View full offer and additional resident VIP details HERE.
Club Pilates: Club Pilates is open and taking extra precautions to make the studio safe and clean by sanitizing every piece of equipment between classes. View the class schedule online: https://www.clubpilates.com/location/grandviewyard