Mark your calendars; this spring and summer are going to be action-packed! From Nationwide Arena and Huntington Park to the New Crew Stadium, the Arena District is a premier three-stadium sports destination.
Upcoming Blue Jackets home games at Nationwide Arena:
April 10, 2021 @ 7:00 p.m. ET – Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Chicago Blackhawks
April 12, 2021 @ 7:00 p.m. ET – Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Chicago Blackhawks
Clippers Welcome Fans to Preseason Games
The Columbus Clippers announced that fans will be permitted to watch preseason exhibition games at Huntington Park beginning Friday, April 16! Season ticket holders will be given first priority for tickets, and remaining tickets will be available for $5. Learn more at milb.com/columbus and get ready to root for our beloved home team!
The Clippers regular season home opener at Huntington Park is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11. View the 2021 season schedule to start planning which games you’ll be attending this year.
The Clippers Cargo Store is now open and filled with your favorite Clippers gear. Open Tuesday – Thursday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., stop by and shop for the upcoming season.
Crew SC Matchday
Crew SC Matchday comes to the New Downtown Stadium in the Arena District on July 3. The season is already underway, so check out the schedule for upcoming games at the Historic Crew Stadium before the inaugural match on July 3.
You can now also add live concerts to your list of events to look forward to in the Arena District this year!
- PromoWest Productions announced Caamp is scheduled to play two back-to-back outdoor shows at Express LIVE!, August 27 and 28. Presale tickets to see the popular American folk band with Ohio roots go on sale Monday, April 12 at 10 AM. Regular tickets will be available on Ticketmaster.com on Friday, April 16. Visit promowestlive.com for more information regarding the venue’s reopening plans.
- Eric Church is bringing The Gather Again Tour to Columbus! Fans are excited for an opportunity to “gather again” at Nationwide Arena on Saturday, September 18. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, May 7 at 10 AM at EricChurch.com, get yours before they’re gone! Fan Health & Safety protocols are expected to evolve according to changing standards and public health directives, visit Nationwide Arena or EricChurch.com for further updates.
Take in the Sights at Columbus Blooms
Franklin Park Conservatory is hosting Columbus Blooms, a dazzling celebration of spring, from April 1-30. Its gardens will be filled with more than 125,000 tulips, narcissus, crocus, hyacinth and other stars of the season. Take a break and immerse yourself within thousands of blooms before the season is over.
Food & Drink
Hello, Patio Season
As the days get longer and the sun shines brighter, more and more restaurants in Columbus are opening up their patios. If you’re looking for a spot to dine outside, embrace springtime on these neighborhood patios:
- Hofbräuhaus – Their large and inviting biergarten is the perfect spot for patio biers.
- Nada – Enjoy chips, guac and margs. Need we say more?
- Sunny Street Café – Always a bright spot for breakfast and lunch.
But wait, there’s more: visit GrandviewYard.com for a full list of neighborhood restaurants and bars.
Earth Day, April 22
Celebrate Earth Day at these Environmentally Friendly Restaurants
Brekkie Shack – Sustainability initiatives at Brekkie Shack include composting, recycling and utilizing reusable materials that sum up to diverting 90% of its output away from the landfill. The composting company the restaurant uses, GoZero, said, “In 2020, Brekkie Shack composted a total of 10,993 pounds. That is equivalent to taking a car off the road for 500 days!”
Grandview Yard/Apartments at the Yard is LEED-certified
In 2014, the U.S. Green Building Council awarded the Grandview Yard development pre-certification as a LEED Neighborhood Development Plan (LEED-ND), making it among the Midwest’s fist LEED-ND Silver neighborhoods.
Preservation, conservation, and innovation: The design and development decisions were less about construction, and more about neighborhood. Learn more in this video: Grandview Yard LEED Certification.
Enjoy Various Outdoor Amenities
Now that the weather is warm and there is more to embrace outdoors, you’ll want to check out all of the neighborhood amenities the Arena District and Grandview Yard have to offer. If you’re looking to take a dip and cool off, Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Yard Club include gorgeous in-ground outdoor pools to use at your convenience. If you’re looking for a breath of fresh air, walk or bike ride over to a nearby park like McFerson or Ray E. DeGraw Park. Plus, there are running paths that connect Grandview Yard to the Scioto mile and bike rental stations just outside of the ADAC on Nationwide Blvd and on the corner of Yard. So, pick your favorite activity and take advantage of these spring-ready outdoor amenities!